Friday, June 6, 2008

I need a new alarm clock!

First of all it's never very reliable. It goes off sometime between 6:00 and 6:45. The thing is that I know I set it everyday for 7:30. It doesn't really have snooze button although sometimes if I turn on Caillou I'll get another 5 or 10 minutes. The radio on it is broken and instead it wakes me with a whiny "MOOOOOOM! I Waaaaant some Ceeeereal!" noise. If that doesn't work it climbs on me and pulls my hair. Sometimes I physically remove it from my room just for 10 more minutes of sleep. Problem is...it has a back-up. If I'm not careful, and if I don't turn it off with just the right button...the first alarm alerts the back-up alarm and it goes off. The back-up alarm is less whiny and more like an alarm should sound but instead of "beep, beep, beep" it sounds more like "mom, mom, mom," This one gets me out of bed instantly because it has a wetting feature when left au natural. Sometimes I can turn this one off with some cuddles and some curious George but the second back-up alarm won't let me sleep much longer. If I try to go back to sleep the third alarm senses it and pretty soon I hear a "knock, knock, knock" "knock, knock, knock, mom, what's for breakfast" Some mornings I'm ready to chuck the whole darn thing out the window! It's suppose to be the lazy days of summer after all! I either need to get to bed earlier or learn how to reprogram my alarm clock. I'd much rather do the latter.

3 people not afraid to say something:

simply kris said...

hello~ this is hilarious. you are a talented writer and have a gift for painting a picture with words. "a new alarm clock." VOLUMES OF TRUTH. I am right there with ya, sistah. I am linking to this post today. Everyone needs to read this!
xoxox, kris

qponqwn said...

Umm,do you really want a NEW alarm clock (I'm sure that's not what you were asking for). If you don't mind used I've got a couple who also respond to the Curious George snooze button!! Whatever you do don't get an updated version-I've tried that. The best idea is to try and arrange them to go off in the right order (i.e. first one that goes off snoozes the next...) That only lasts for so long though--then you wish you'd have gotten up in the first place!!

Jen said...

You're such a talented writer! I loved this! Lazy days of summer....whoever made that one up didn't have kids!