Friday, August 21, 2015

Summer stay-cation


It wasn't really in our budget to take a vacation this year so we decided instead to take a little trip to park city. We had such a great time and did lots of things we had never done before! 

The first thing we did when we got there was hit the pool 

These two didn't spend near enough time at the pool this summer so they were so excited to swim. They even talked me into joining them! The rest of the family stay back in the condo and just relaxed. 
The next day we headed over to the Olympic training park. We had never been there before and it was pretty cool! 

We watched some ski jumpers practicing. We couldn't believe how high they launched! It was definitely worth it to watch in person! 
After that we headed over to the zipline. 

 Owen was really nervous (I was as well!) but he put on a brave face and did it! In fact he did it twice! 




After that the kids all did the challenge course. 



After lunch it was time for the alpine slide. Once again owen was so nervous. 



I was so proud of Owen for facing his fears! I'm sure it doesn't help that I'm afraid of heights and it may rub off on him a little. I'm getting braver every time I'm faced with a challenge and this is why! I want my kids to know the can do hard things!

This is what Ian thought about waiting for everyone!

We finished the night at the condo's game room and then again at the pool. 
The next day we headed to the outlets to shop for school clothes. Shopping with all six of us was quite the challenge but even Ian was well behaved and we were done in just a couple hours. 
It was fun to spend some summer days in the crisp moutain air. We've visited park city several times in winter but don't visit as often in the summer. It's was also just so good to be together since Matthais worked full time all summer and we didn't see him very often. 









0 people not afraid to say something: